Re: Changing Yelp to use GtkHtml1 instead of GtkHtml2

<quote who="Mikael Hallendal">

> So unless someone picks up GtkHtml2 and steps up as maintainer for it I
> think that the best way to go here is to just use GtkHtml1 instead. (I
> already have a version of Yelp that uses it instead so no delay there,
> and I tell you, Yelp is *much* snappier with it).
>
> Comments?

The outcome of the earlier discussion was that nothing would change with the
2.0.0 release; it was mostly in mind of the future, beyond this release.

Unless someone manages to present a patch replacing GtkHTML2 across the
board that has has at least a couple of weeks testing, and no verifiable
bugs, I [1] don't think this would be a responsible change at this stage.

This is all at the desktop release level, so we can sort it out very easily
post-2.0.0.

Thanks,

- Jeff

[1] As me, at least.

--
             "jwz? no way man, he's my idle" - James Wilkinson