new G2 schedule

Folks -

Those of you not oversubscribed to GNOME mailing lists may have missed
this, so I thought it helpful to post here. There's a revised GNOME2
release schedule:

http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/schedule/

A more detailed explanation can be found here:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers/2002-March/msg00161.html

In a nutshell - the schedule has been real aggressive, we've gotten a
lot done, but we're not there yet. So, to quote from jdub's missive:

 Two three-week periods will be added to the schedule, resulting in two beta
 releases before assessing our readiness to ship Release Candidate 1. There
 will be NO change to our current freeze requirements.

   2002-03-04: Desktop Beta 2 Packages Due
   2002-03-06: Desktop Beta 2 Release
   2002-03-25: Desktop Beta 3 Packages Due
   2002-03-27: Desktop Beta 3 Release
   2002-04-15: Desktop Release Candidate 1 Packages Due *
   2002-04-17: Desktop Release Candidate 1 Release *
   2002-04-29: Desktop Final Packages Due *
   2002-05-01: Desktop Final Release *

   [*] Please note that these are tentative release dates, and may be changed
   should the bug count and user experience suggest that more (or less!) work
   is required.

Cheers,

John