Re: help and caching

mån 2002-06-24 klockan 01.24 skrev Sander Vesik:
> On 23 Jun 2002, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
>

> > OK, so what you are proposing is the KDE way of doing it. Make the
> > db2html conversion at install time. (I hope you don't mean that the
> > admin is going to generate the documents manually whenever a user asks
> > for it?)
> >

> If this is the KDE way, yes. I think the important things are:
> 	* if there is no html, just use the xml
> 	* if the html is out of date, ignore it

Why would it be out-of-date if it's done during package installation?
Then the HTML will be created whenever the document might have changed.

This doesn't work in a nice way when the stylesheets gets updated
though.

It also puts the effort of making the document converting process work
in the hands of the package maintainer (which we might not want?).

And having the administrator manually update/generate the HTML is not an
option since it'll just be to much work for him/her.

I would say that either we do it the KDE way (generating HTML at
installation time) or we do it with a per-user cache.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/