Re: user docs release?

The problem is, none of the stuff in gnome-user-docs was  updated for
2.0. The Users Guide is being rewritten by Sun guys;  afaik, a version
of Sun's UG  for 1.4 is ready (it is not the same as waht we used for
1.4) but  updating it for 2.0  is not complete yet. Other docs (intro to
gnome, unix-primer, glossary) were not updated at all - this is mostly
my fault, as I was maintaining them. But I am afraid I can't really
maintain them at the moment - for various personal reasons.

Unix-primer actually needs no updating (other than sgml->xml conversion)
and I think it is still relevant, so it should probably be included. As
for other docs, unless someone volunteers to do a quick update, we have
a choice of

 a. shipping 1.4 docs with GNOME 2.0 - and fix it by 2.01 release
 b. removing old docs and ship without them

I'd probably vote for a. - but replacing the version of the UG we had
for 1.4 by Sun's UG, even if it is not fully updated for 2.0.

Sasha