Re: Did I miss something? (gnome2-user-guide)

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Eugene O'Connor wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> The thread about Scrollkeeper categories began here: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2002-July/msg00038.html
>
> Sander has sent Dan a patch with the category changes.
>
> Eugene
>

> "Chris Lyttle" <chris wilddev net> wrote:
> >Date: 18 Jul 2002 00:28:13 -0700
> >Hi
> >I was testing out the gnome-user-docs module in an attempt to do a new
> >release so the intro-to-gnome was out there and I noticed the following
> >log message in the user-guide;
> >
> >revision 1.2
> >date: 2002/07/17 09:17:43;  author: eoconnor;  state: Exp;  lines: +8 -3
> >Updated OMFs with new ScrollKeeper categories and short titles.
> >
> >We now have a situation where the UG docs dont show up at all in Yelp
> >because this change went through and changed
> ><subject category="GNOME|Core Desktop"/> to
> ><subject category="GNOME|Desktop"/>
> >
> >AFAIK this is not a valid scrollkeeper category, at least in version
> >0.3.10 that I have here. Can someone from the Sun docs team explain why
> >this change was made?

OK two points;

1) There is no scrollkeeper release that has these categories
2) The discussion in that thread didnt seem to decide the changes
were going ahead.

I would like you to revert the changes in gnome-user-docs until there is a
scrollkeeper that supports them. I understand you wanting to get the
changes done before 2.0.1's freeze but there doesn't seem a point in
changing things if we dont have a scrollkeeper to actually implement them.
As to point 2 the suggested changes you have proposed seem fine to me.

Chris

--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit