Re: Using Bugzilla. RE: G2 Lessons Learned

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 10:55:03AM +1000, Phillip Shelton wrote:
> Instead of using an existing Bugzilla, could you start your own Bugzilla
> tree? (I am guessing that Bugzilla is something like CVS and you have access
> to some machine to put it onto.)
>
> Thus using an exising tool to keep the data and an independent Doc Managment
> system?

All this bugzilla changing talk sounds like severe over-kill to me. If
one of the only lessons we learn is that human resources for doing this
sort of stuff is hard to come by, then we have made real progress.

A documentation management system, whether Lampadas or Borges or
whatever, plus using existing GNOME bugzilla for tracking bugs in
existing documentation (or complete lack of documentation when required
by users) seems sufficient and economical.

Malcolm