Re: New thread: Naming conventions.

On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 22:44, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Thank you for your opinion.  I never argued that Microsoft or anyone else
> chose good names.  At least, I didn't mean to.  I only meant to say that I
> think that we should. Specially in consideration for the new user. BTW, I
> don't know what "Apple Works" is for.  I've wondered that before.
It's a suite of applications similar to Microsoft Works.

> No one could guess what "Excel" is for, they have to be told it.  Most
> people with computer experience can guess what "Abiword" is for.
> Therefore, "Abiword" is a better name than "Excel".
Of course.  That is why, for Gnome 2, we are doing a naming convention
similar to this:
Word Processor - Abiword
Spreadsheet - Gnumeric

> I didn't mean to anoy anyone with my post.  I apologize if I did.
> I only offered an opinion as to what might make GNOME better.  Nothing
> more.
You didn't annoy anyone, at least not me.  Don't fret :)  And actually,
I agree with you.  But renaming applications is a little drastic IMHO.

Kevin