Re: Applet Manual in 2.x

Oh my, I am really embarrassed. The Handbook in general and this section
in particular is *outdated* (yes, I know, we must update it - any
volunteers?). This stuff about "applet manual for 2.x" was written in
2000 when we had rather vague idea as to what GNOME 2 will look like.
According to CVS logs, Dan Mueth commented this out in Nov. 2000 - and
the fact that it is still on the web shows that the web version was not
updated since that time. jfleck: can you take care of this?

As for what templates we should really be using for applets: AFAIK, at
the moment we do not have any (if I am wrong, please correct me). Irene
Ryan from Sun volunteered to write one, so hopefully soon we will have a
template. In the meantime, I suggest using the application template -
not the one in GDP handbook but from CVS,
gnome-docu/gdp/templates/gnome-app-tempalte.xml. This has been updated
for GNOME 2.

Sorry for the confusion. BTW, any volunteers to rewrite the GDP
handbook? gleblanc converted it to XML, but the contents needs to be
rewritten, too.

Sasha