Re: DocBook XML validation

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 01:02:39PM -0500, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm still trying to get the DocBook XML right.  I've made progress, but
> some errors still elude me.  I'm using xmllint to test the XML.
>
> Summary of errors (details in the PS):
> 1)  When I don't use the --valid flag, xmllint complains that mdash; is
> not defined.

  Already answered,

> 2)  When I use the --valid flag, the above error disappears, but I get

  Already answered,

> errors over <graphic> (which it thinks should be an empty tag) and
> <artheader> (which it thinks does not exist).

  It means that your Document is not valid w.r.t. the DocBook definition.
Which is right:
  http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/graphic.html
  and artheader don't seems to exist (anymore ?)

> Does anyone know what's going on?  and how to fix these?

  Read the docbook doc, and fix your tags
    http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html

> I thought I read somewhere that <graphic> had been deprecated, but I can't
> find the page anywhere.  I don't know what to use instead.

  No idea about that, I don't know DB well,

Daniel