Greetings...

Well, the web page says to send an e-mail and say hello, so I am...

I'd like to get involved in documentation for Gnome if possible. Obviously, I've got limited time,  but I'd certainly like to do what I can.

I'm a technical author by day and a Linux geek by night, so I figure this is the best way to join.

I write mostly user guides and reference manuals. I've done some API documentation and lots of online help.

I've read through the Handbook and I've got a couple of questions:

First, is there any way to get FrameMaker to integrate with DocBook? I expect FrameMaker+SGML might be convinced to do this? And FrameMaker 6 can output XML. Any pointers on this?

Second, is there a Style Guide for Gnome documentation? For example, is there a standard way of referring to dialog box elements, icons, desktop items, etc.

Well, anyway, that's enough for now...

Thanks.