Re: Detecting stylesheets and DTDs

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 05:25:40PM -0500, Jody Goldberg wrote:

> >   Right, if this is missing the enclosed script should do this for you.
> > If it can write to the /etc/xml/ directory, it will set-up /etc/xml/catalog
> > and /etc/xml/docbook based on the resources found on the system. Otherwise
> > it will just create ~/xmlcatalog and ~/dbkxmlcatalog and doing
> >     export XMLCATALOG=$HOME/xmlcatalog
> > should allow to process DocBook documentations without requiring network
> > accesses for the DTd or stylesheets
>
> This does not seem sufficient.

Actually, let me take this one step further.  Can the gnome-doc
package supply a fully self contained set of style sheets, dtds, and
catalogs ?  Ideally it would also include a gnome-doc-build script
and some notes on how applications and libraries should run said
scripts.  The current nightmare of style-sheeets and build
environments is scary.  There are 3 different versions of the
gnome-doc style sheet in cvs.  Every module needs special commands
to build things.  This really needs to be addressed.