Problems with xmllint

Hey guys,
	I have a few bug reports about xmllint.  I don't know if this is the
right list.  But since John Fleck is on here, he maybe able to help
among others.

Note: I don't know if the things I am reporting are problems with my XML
or with xmllint.  Please let me know!

I get a ton of:
file:line: validity error: ID idname already defined
   <tag id="idname">
errors.  Yet, they're defined only once.

I have yet another bug.  It seems kind of poor at managing tags that
span multiple lines.  For example:

<imagedata fileref="figures/vfolder-createrule-fig"
format="PNG"
srccedit="Aaron Weber">

When it errors, it shows the last line:

usage-mail-org.xml:1035: validity error: Value "png" for attribute
format on imagedata is not among the enumerated set
          srccredit="Aaron Weber">

If people could give me a hand with these errors or say they're a bug
and get them fixed, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Kevin

PS. I am using xmllint: using libxml version 20412

PPS. One more bug, how about that!  xmllint --version prints the version
at the top and then the usage list.  It should just show the version and
poop you back to a command line.