Re: templates

You are right - these are serious concerns. And of course, whenever one
relicenses things (such as automatically extracted from the code bits)
under a different license, copyright owner must be asked. However, it
shouldn't be an issue for most of user docs  - which is my primary
concern. For API docs, the question of  compatibility needs to be
settled (hopefully by someone other than me).

Altogether, it seems like exactly the type of question to be discussed
by GNOME foundation board - with participation of FSF, Sun and whoever
else may be interested.

Still: for user docs, GFDL is the only viable choice.

Sasha