Re: GNOME 2 beta

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 12:36:57PM -0600, Kevin Breit wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-02-23 at 10:33, John Fleck wrote:
> > I'd like to get some sense, now that the beta is out, of who among us
> > are building GNOME 2 and testing things, and who is now able to
> > therefore work on the final documentation updates needed for the
> > release.
>
> John,
> 	I have _two_ all Gnome 2 systems (with exceptions of Galeon and
> Evolution of course).  I update these at least once a day with the
> latest Red Carpet snapshots (assuming they build).

Great! I've not used Red Carpet for this. Could you write a quick
explanation for others who might want to try it of any tips and traps
that would make it easier?

> So, I am going to be
> able to test things and make documentation changes as we come down to
> the wire.  Please mark me down as a "favor-doer".

As Trevor noted earlier, the applets are an area where a lot of work
is still needed, both docs conversion, screenshotting (is that a word?
arghh!) and especially converting the build stuff (which is a bit of a
chore, I know, but there's a lot of it that still needs to get done
:-).

Cheers,

John