Re: Rendering of xref tag

OK - so it seems that the consensus is to render <xref>  in HTML by
simply producing element title (with hyperlink, in italics):

... as discussed in <xref linkend="prefs">,...
gives
... as discussed in Setting Preferences,...

Does everyone agree? Unless i hear objections, I'll make the change in
stylesheets later today.

Sasha