Re: docbook crossrefs

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 01:24, Eric Baudais wrote:
> Mathieu-
>
> We already have a system in place for doing most of the things you are
> wanting for the user docs.  Jonathan Blandford has written a nice URI
> for help called ghelp which makes referencing docs fairly painless in a
> GNOME environment.  Yelp is a plain and small view which should work
> well for any types of documentation.  The GDP has implemented a basic
> infrastructure for doing this, but it is no where near finished.
>
> The way I am recommending to cross reference docs using the ulink tag
> and the ghelp URI.  This will only work for documents installed by
> scrollkeeper, but should be good enough for the GNOME user docs.  If the
> developer docs were registered with scrollkeeper then you could also use
> the ghelp URI.  e.g.
> <ulink href="ghelp://gedit">gedit manual</ulink>
> makes a link to the gedit manual.  Also
> <ulink href="ghelp://gedit?intro">introduction to gedit</ulink>
> makes a link to the gedit manual at the intro id.

If this is the case, we need to make sure this happens for the upcoming
g2 release such that at least html output in yelp works. Getting cross
refs to work with xsl:fo renderers or anything else would also be nice
but is less of a priority.

Who will cross-post gnome-hackers such that the release team at least
hears about the problem ?

Mathieu
--
Mathieu Lacage <mathieu_lacage realmagic fr>
#p: +33 1 69 19 61 97