Re: Copyright usage topic.

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 16:37, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 04:12, Pat Costello wrote:
> > Attached is the response from a senior member of the Sun legal team regarding
> > the use of the word "Copyright" and the copyright symbol together. Turns out
> > that the safest format to use for worldwide use is the format we are
> > currently using in GNOME documentation, i.e. both items together. Thanks to
> > Malcolm for pointing out the delta between the UCC and the Berne Convention.
> >
> > So, we don't need to take any action beyond capturing the attached information
> > in GNOME project documentation. I'll include a piece in the GNOME Documentation
> > Style Guide, accordingly.
>
> I would think this would belong in the GDP Handbook more than the style
> guide.
> 	Greg

I have always thought of the GDP Handbook was supposed to address
technical issues while the GNOME Documentation Style Guide (GDSG) was
supposed to address writing issues.  I think the copyright usage is more
of a writing issue even though the stylesheets produce the copyright for
us.  I agree with Pat that this should be placed in the GDSG for future
reference.

Eric Baudais