Re: [Scrollkeeper-devel] Categories for Gnome Applications

On Sat, 2002-08-24 at 22:55, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> lör 2002-08-24 klockan 21.43 skrev Sander Vesik:

> > > Ah, I take your point.  Perhaps I should go under Applications, not
> > > Gnome/Applications.  It's a bit lonely in there right now. ;-)
> > >

> > Yes, unfortunately not many applications have seenthe light yet and
> > started providing documentation that integrates with scrollkeeper yet.
>
> Rather noone really knows where they should put there documents. We have
> a GNOME/Applications/* with several categories in. Should stuff be
> placed there or should it be places somewhere else?
>
> I'm not really sure what the KDE and GNOME categories are for. Currently
> I special give special treatment to the GNOME category. I kinda agrees
> with Havoc here, that we should not distinct so much between GNOME and
> KDE. _But_ for the desktop it will be a mess if KDE docs and GNOME docs
> got messed up. Ie. if we had a Desktop/Panel, and both KDE and GNOME put
> there panel docs there :)
>
> Perhaps we should go over it all and make sure that nothing but the
> "core" is in GNOME/. If we are this discussion should be moved to the
> gnome-doc-list. CC'ing there now.

I would expect only "very-gnome" items to be under GNOME. That's the
panel, nautilus, capplets, applets.

The end user may not care that gedit is developed by the gnome project -
it's a text editor, an app, and should be under Applications in the same
place as kedit, emacs, kate and so on. Same job, same place.