Re: Help Getting Docbook working.

John was not quite accurate - it is not DocBook 4.0 but rather DocBook XML 4.1.2.
As for installing and using it: I had a page briefly explaining how to do this
(www.math.sunysb.edu/~kirillov/dbxml/)
but this is somewhat outdated - on newer versions of most distros it should work
"out of the box". The CVS version of GDP handbook (CVS:
gnome-docu/gdp/gdp-handbook.xml),  which is being updated by Eric Baudais,
contains other links and more information. But since the handbook is itself
written in DocBook 4.1.2 XML, this creates chicken-and-egg problem. Maybe someone
(Eric?) can provide an HTML version of the Handbook? The one on GDP web pages is
outdated - it will be replaced (hopefully) soon.

Sasha