GNOME2 Needs You!

Folks -

The finish line keeps moving, but somewhere out in the not-too-distant
future is the release of GNOME2.

"What can I do to help it be the best documented desktop in the Free*
World?" you ask.

Thanks to some terrific work by Eric Baudais, Sander Vesik, Mikael
Hallendal, Dan Mueth, Jonathan Blandford and many others, most of the
basic infrastructure is in place, but there's still a lot of toil
remaining.

Top things that would be useful at this point:

The Games:
   Chris Lyttle has converted all the old games documentation to xml,
   but the documentation still needs to be updated. Lots of work left
   there. This is the fun stuff! Contact Chris at chris wilddev net

The Applets:
   Trevor Curtis is herding the applets documentation. He has
   converted a lot of it, and the Sun docs team is doing a lot. But
   Trevor needs more help. Contact him at tcurtis somaradio ca

The OMF files:
   Many, many OMF files needs to be updated. Contact me at
   jfleck inkstain net, or look over our Fabulous New DocTable
   (http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/doctable--.html) and
   contact the person in charge of one of the packages to see if they
   need help.

If you're hackerly inclined and interested in helping the GDP, Eric
Baudais has compiled a list of thing that need to be done:

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/tasks.html

GNOME2 looms. Let's get typing!

Cheers,
John

* As in "free beer", of course.
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"You don't want to die with the music still in you."
 - John Gardner