Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:09:12 -0500
From: David Merrill <david lupercalia net>
To: ldp-discuss <discuss en tldp org>
Subject: Lampadas demo online

I put a demo of the Lampadas code online at http://www.lampadas.org.
It has current data ported over from the LDP Database.

Log on as joyg to see the system as an Admin sees it (no password
required), or log on as "Al Dev" (no password required) to see it as
an author sees it. Don't log in at all to see it as a nonregistered
user sees it, or create your very own account and see it that way. The
interface is different, sometimes subtly and sometimes greatly, for
each of these types of users.

For registered and unregistered users, things are identical right now,
almost. Eventually some nice features will be there for registered
users, like rating documents and annotating them. Those are
down-the-road features, though. Also a "watch this document" to get
mail when a doc changes, and you'll be able to build a list of "My
Favorites" for docs you use regularly.

For authors (defined as any user who has been assigned a "role" on a
document), editors, etc., etc., you can edit meta-data for the docs
you are assigned to. An icon appears next to things you can edit.
And of course you can edit the actual document itself. That is working
already, although nothing will be done with the file after you save
it. Eventually you'll be able to commit it to the cvs and publish it.
Authors automatically get a "My Documents" page which lists their
documents also.

For Admins, you can edit *any* document, plus you can edit some other
data, like user accounts. And you can create new documents and assign
people to them.

Have fun, and send any feedback to me personally or to the lampadas
list if you're on it. Please let's not clutter discuss with lots of
discussion about Lampadas. Keep it on the appropriate list.

I'm not really looking for bug reports, but am very interested in
higher level feedback, constructive criticism, and comments.

Thanks,

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david lupercalia net

God created Arrakis to train the faithful.
	-- from "The Wisdom of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan

http://lists.tldp.org/

----- End forwarded message -----

--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"You don't want to die with the music still in you."
 - John Gardner