Re: adopting the Style Guide

On Mon, 2001-10-15 at 19:43, Eric Baudais wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 08:58:43AM -0400, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
> > Yes, it is about time we make oficial guidelines for 2.0 docs. Style
> > guide should be the first of them.
>
> I feel that the Style Guide doesn't go into enough detail about what voice
> well formed documentation should be written in.  Currently there are some
> writers who are changing to docs from 2nd person to 3rd person, most notably
> the GIMP User's Manual.  Yet, still a lot of the docs currently written are
> in 2nd person.  Could someone either add a section to the Style Guide about
> the voice documentation should be written in or expand on an existing section?

1) The GIMP is not GNOME
2) I haven't proofed it lately, but I'm sure syngin is doing a good job.
3) The GNOME style guide will NOT be applied to GIMP docs because GIMP
is a different project.
4) If ANYONE touches the English GIMP docs and applies changes like
plug-in to plugin or anything else without authorization from me will be
in big trouble.  We are NOT part of the GNOME docs project.  We run
under several platforms and have much different issues to consider.
5) If you would like to volunteer to work with the GIMP help project,
please e-mail docs gimp org

Like I said and have had to say to people on this list way too many
times, GIMP is NOT GNOME!
bex