Re: doc-i18n-tool

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 06:47:28PM -0400, Jonathan Blandford wrote:

> > So, the ability to convert from DocBook SGML to DocBook XML on
> > existing files would be useful from the point of view of testing. At
> > this point,I have no idea what sort of programming undertaking this
> > entails.
>
> Well, it would be nice for other reasons, but I fear it's mostly a human
> process.  I think it's mostly just a process of putting the docbook-xml
> header on each doc, and running it through xmllint --valid

But not a particularly time-consuming process. I converted
gnome-app-template.sgml to xml as an experiment. It took six
minutes. It's in cvs at

gnome-docu/gdp/templates/gnome-app-template.xml

[jfleck jellojr templates]$ xmllint --catalogs --valid --noout gnome-app-template.xml

Is the command line string to use for validation.

Cheers,
--
John Fleck
jfleck inkstain net (h), http://www.inkstain.net/fleck/