[Fwd: XML plugin for Kate]

Who's gonna try it first?  I'm scrouning around for a copy of the KDE
Advanced Text Editor (KATE) already.  :-)
	Greg
--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

I've written an XML plugin for Kate (using KDE_2_2_BRANCH). You can
download it at http://www.danielnaber.de/tmp/

The plugin gives hints about what's allowed at a certain position in
an XML file, according to the file's DTD. It will list possible
elements, attributes, attribute values or entities, depending on the
cursor position. You can also close an open element with a keyboard
shortcut.

Docbook is also supported, so hopefully people will use Kate + XML plugin
to write KDE documentation.

The reason I'm posting this here is also that I need help from people with
more experience in C++/KDE. Things I currently don't know how to solve:

-How to modify the Makefile so that the XML files get installed in an
appropriate directoy?

-How to use that directory as a default with the file dialog?

-Make file loading network transparent

Any help or feedback about the plugin is appreciated.

Regards
 Daniel

http://www.danielnaber.de