Re: How Replace the GNOME login dialogbox with ourown dialogbox

In RedHat, the login manager to use is determined by the script

/etc/X11/prefdm

It determines which login manager to choose depending on the default
desktop you are using (gdm for GNOME, kdm for KDE, xdm for everything
else) and starts this login manager. So, just edit the script
accordingly (that is, if you are familiar with shell scripts; if not,
then you probably shouldn't change the default manager at all).

You can also just edit appearance of gnome login manager (e..g, choose
different font or graphics) by running as root the command
gdmconfig

Sasha