Re: Title Page Suggestion

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 12:24:22AM -0500, Trevor Curtis wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 06:23:58PM -0500, David Merrill offered:
> > Why not put a single link for `About this document', and then list
> > contributors and sponsors there? We don't have anything against
> > recognizing companies that do the Right Thing, do we? But leave the
> > actual author's name on the title page, please. That individual
> > definitely deserves the credit. Just size and place it reasonably so
> > it isn't obtrusive.
>
> I'm not sure I understand the issue. From what I do understand, the
> authors still get credit. Just somewhere else in the doc.
>
> Is it your belief that the author's name should be one of the first
> things that is seen whe using the doc(s)?

I'm not sure. Ideally, it should appear somewhat prominently, but if
you do that it becomes an obstacle to using the document. Maybe
something along these lines:

FOO Configuration Manual                              John Q. Hacker
                                                 About this Document

Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah. Blah blah. Blah. :-)

Linux Documentation Project                   david lupercalia net

"Yueh! Yueh! Yueh!" goes the refrain. "A million deaths were not enough
for Yueh!"
		-- from "A Child's History of Muad'Dib by the Princess Irulan