Re: C/en

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 07:45:43PM +0100 or thereabouts, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> [please CC replies to cactus cactus rulez org]
>
> Hi,
>
> Looking at various GNOME projects (and even the gdp example project), I
> don't understand why English manuals are installed and registered via
> ScrollKeeper as being written in the C language. Why would you want to do
> this instead of registering it as "en"?

I've never really understood this either. I have always assumed it's
because most docs were written in (American) English and thus most
US folks not needing to change locale from C. (Unless they want a
sort order of AaBbCc.. rather than A-Za-z, of course.) But apparently
it's not that. It seems it indicates "not been internationalised" and
(I think) "in just plain seven-bit ASCII".

All this time I have thought it meant "everything else was an
afterthought", but no. You live and learn :)

Telsa