Latest title page (was updating templates).

All,

Based on comments that I got back from various people, plus a close study of the
GFDL, I have produced another revision of the proposed title page. Some
pertinent information:

The following sections are required by the GFDL:

- Author

- Publisher (I suggest GNOME Documentation Project, because GNOME Foundation
does not really have anything to do with publishing the documentation).

- Copyrights

- Legal Notice

- History

The following sections are legally essentially:

- Limitation of Liability (I'm going to ask the Sun legal team if we can
possibly tone down the uppercasing. Also note that Sun legal is going to review
this text for final approval.).

- Disclaimer of Warranty (ditto).

The following sections are by request from community members:

- Developers

- Product Licensing

- Feedback

One of the benefits in having a separate Title Page is that we can put in all of
these different types of information, satisfy GFDL and legal requirements, and
not cause any intrusion to our users need for finding relevant Help information.

Pat

Character Picker Applet Manual V0.2 Title Page

Author

Sun Microsystems

Publisher

GNOME Documentation Project

Copyrights

Copyright 2001: Sun Microsystems
Copyright 2000: Dan Mueth

Legal Notice

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL), Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation with the Invariant Sections being Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. You can find a copy of the GFDL at this link <link to GFDL>.

Many of the names used by companies to distinguish their products and services are claimed as trademarks. Where those names appear in any GNOME documentation, and the members of the GNOME Documentation Project are made aware of those trademarks, then the names are in capital letters or initial capital letters.

History

Title

Year

Author

Publisher

Character Picker Manual V0.2

2001

Sun Microsystems (gnome_docs sun com)

GNOME Documentation Project

Character Picker Manual

2000

Dan Mueth (d-mueth uchicago edu)

GNOME Documentation Project

Limitation of Liability

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL YOU, THE INITIAL WRITER, ANY OTHER CONTRIBUTOR, OR ANY DISTRIBUTOR OF DOCUMENTATION, OR ANY SUPPLIER OF ANY OF SUCH PARTIES, BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

Disclaimer of Warranty

DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED UNDER THIS LICENSE ON AN "AS IS'' BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES THAT THE DOCUMENTATION IS FREE OF DEFECTS, MERCHANTABLE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGING. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE DOCUMENTATION IS WITH YOU. SHOULD ANY DOCUMENTATION PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY RESPECT, YOU (NOT THE INITIAL WRITER OR ANY OTHER CONTRIBUTOR) ASSUME THE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS LICENSE. NO USE OF ANY DOCUMENTATION IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER.

Developers

Product Version

Developer

1.0

Alexander Muñiz (munizao xprt net)

Product Licensing

This program is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public license. A copy of this license can be found at this <link>, or in the file COPYING included with the source code of this program.

Feedback

To report a bug or make a suggestion regarding this application or this documentation, please follow the directions in this document <link>.

<<< Previous Home Next >>>