Re: updating templates

Sasha,

The "warranty blurb" in the Title Page is not a product-related warranty
statement. The disclaimer is purely a documentation-related warranty. It is
definitely needed. Without such a documentation warranty, the provision of a
manual can be construed as providing standard warranty rights in whatever
jurisdiction the transaction takes place. Without this documentation disclaimer,
authors, publishers, developers and maintainers are exposed to possible legal
action from third parties who use the documentation. Although, it is unlikely
that such a hostile legal action will take place, the exposure is still real. I
certainly don't want to risk my house, my car, my dog, and my garden GNOMEs on
the strength of leaving out this clause.

Pat