Re: man pages for our apps?

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 07:44:51AM -0600, John Fleck wrote:

> I've just had a couple of bugs filed against apps in gnome-utils
> asking for man pages.

I'd like to be able to provide man pages, but I don't think that we
can expect all the documentation authors learn troff markup in order
to provide them.

If there were some way to autogenerate at least a simple man page from
the docbook markup that we have (similar to the way that "info
--usage" autogenerates manpage-like output from texinfo markup), it
would be well worth providing.

--
John Kodis <kodis acm org>
Phone: 301-286-7376