Re: gnome-iconedit manual

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 03:17:36PM +0530, patanjali wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've had a go at writing the gnome-iconedit manual. You can have a look at it at http://battery841.myip.org/temp/gnome-iconedit/ . Please comment on it, and offer any suggestions.
>
> thanks,
> - patanjali

Patanjali -

This is an excellent start. There are a couple of things I would add.

Somewhere, perhaps in the Introduction, i think it would be useful to
explain the specific function of an icon editor as opposed to a more
general drawing/graphics program. It's designed for making GNOME
icons, which are x by y pixels (48 x 48, right?), it saves them in
format xyz. I need to know why I would want to use this program
instead of the Gimp.

If I'm right in thinking its purpose is to make GNOME icons, it also
might be useful to have an appendix explaining how to make a GNOME
icon - any special characteristics required, where you save them when
you're done, etc. This would move it a bit toward a more functional
"how to use this program to do a job".

Also, an explanation of "alpha" would be helpful for the graphically
impaired like me.

Cheers,
--
John Fleck