Re: Help: gnome-doc-tools

Hey Jules.. a couple of comments...

> 1) I'd like to have a canonical upstream source for them.  Shall I
> use  David Mason's page, http://people.redhat.com/dcm/software.html
>  ?

Yes, that's what I made the package from.

> 2) Eliot's packages install the .dsl in /usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/gnome-doc-tools,
>  but the balsa build system is looking for them in
> .../stylesheet/docbook-gnome.  I made a symlink  to fix it. Is that
>  sensible?  Shall I put the symlink in the gnome-doc-tools package?

Is that OK with Debian? I believe it should be in /usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/<packagename>

> 3) The packages provide their own db2html called gnome-db2html. It doesn't
>  seem to make any difference (although I didn't check too carefully)
>  whether or not I use the db2html on my system (which comes from
> cygnus-stylesheetts 0.10.2-3) or the gnome-db2html one. At the moment
>  I'm using the former, since that's what the upstream balsa makefile
>  does.

This is a little problem I came across. The upstream script is actually db2html. I didn't want my package to overwrite cygnus-stylesheet's db2html, so I made it gnome-db2html. It is in fact different because cygnus-stylesheets/db2html by default uses the default DocBook DTD and cygnus' stylesheets while gnome-doc-tools/db2html uses the GNOME PNG DocBook DTD and Gnome's own stylesheets.

--
Eliot Landrum
eliot landrum cx

-Soli Deo Gloria-