Manual for integrating docs?

I've been speaking to a maintainer that has never integrated docbook
docs into his src's before.  I sent him a sgml file with 2 png's and
now he wants to know what to do with them.

Not being to knowledgable about this, I assume he needs to add the
manual into his build process (?).  Is there a manual or at least a
faq on this?  If not, are there plans to do so?

later,
--
Trevor Curtis
http://members.home.net/jbrabazon