Re: New contributor

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, CHASTAIN, TIGE (CONTRACTOR) wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am looking to get involved with the Gnome project and thought I
> would start off in application documentation, as application
> documentation is something I have done in the past , and progress to
> more complex tasks once I have a better understanding of how things
> are being done.  I have reviewed the FAQ on documentation and will be
> plowing though docbook tonight.
>
> Looking over the DocTable, I noticed that no one is currently signed
> up to do the documentation for Gnotski (gnotski), one of the core
> Gnome games (listed as priority one on the list of things to work on).
> Has anyone taken this application?  If not, I will get with the
> developer and get started to knock this one out as quickly as
> possible.  If so, I'll take another look and see what I could do with
> documentation to get my feet wet.

Hi.

Welcome and thanks for your help.  I just checked CVS and update the games
info in the DocTable.  It appears that all of the gnome-games games are in
the DocTable and that gnotski is the only game which is missing docs.  So,
this would be a great candidate for you to work on.  I just signed you up
for it in the DocTable.

If you need any help with getting started, #docs on irc.gnome.org is
always full of helpful people.

Dan