Re: GDM Error Feedback -2 more strings

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 11:17:37AM -0700, Heeten wrote:
> Hey guys,
> ok, there are two more strings I forgot to include the
> first time.
> "User root is not allowed to login from this screen"
> This string gets sent if someone tries to log in as
> root, and root login is disabled, but verbose
> messaging in gdm is enabled

The Style Guide says "system administrator" rather than "root" or
"superuser":

http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/gnome-glossary-generic-terms.html

So how 'bout

"The system administrator is not allowed to log in in from this
screen."

> "Your Login has been disabled by the system
> administrator"
> This string gets sent if a user tries to login but
> their shell has been set to /bin/false

I'd switch this to the active voice and use "account" rather than
"login":

"The system administrator has disabled your account."

Cheers,
--
John Fleck
jfleck inkstain net (h), http://www.inkstain.net/fleck/