Re: Manual

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 08:05:48AM -0700 or thereabouts, djholkup wrote:
> My suggestion for this manual would be to use Acrobat and put it in PDF
> format.

The GNOME users manual?

It was written in DocBook, and can be converted into PDF format by
the jade and openjade programs. Well, in theory. I haven't tried doing
the whole manual in one lump, but I have certainly created PDFs from
parts of the manual. And PS documents. And HTML. DocBook is cool like
that.

As for using Acrobat itself, it is not free software, and so would
not be the most appropriate tool to use to generate documentation
for a free software project. :)

Telsa