Re: GNOME Documentation Style Guide

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, John Fleck wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 11:09:37PM -0400, David Merrill wrote:
> >
> > I've forwarded this information to the ldp discussion list. We also
> > have a small style guide section in our LDP Author Guide.
> >
> > We are discussing the possibility of adopting your guide, in full or
> > in part, for ourselves. I assume you won't have any problem with this,
> > but I wanted to ask politely anyway. :-)
> >

> That would be exciting! When we started, I had a secret hope this
> would be useful to others outside the GNOME project.

:)

I would love to see this happen as well.  Most of the Guide isn't GNOME
specific, so it should be easy to seperate the Guide into two parts - one
general and one GNOME-specific.  If other free documentation groups are
interested in pursuing this to help develop a free documentation style
guide which is used more widely than just GNOME I think that would be
great.

Dan