Re: Adding some GNU documentation
- From: Dan Mueth <d-mueth uchicago edu>
- To: Martin Wahlén <mva df lth se>
- Cc: Dave Mason <gnome dmason net>, <rms gnu org>, <gnome-doc-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Adding some GNU documentation
- Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:47:55 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Martin Wahlén wrote:
> > You do not really want to generate from something into SGML/XML for the
> > most part. It takes more of a human touch to create a document in these
> > formats correctly.
> Since I belive that Richard likes to write TeXinfo documentation, we could
> probably mark it up for him if he writes the content. Richard could then
> approve it?
This all sounds great. How about Richard write up something and send it
to Trevor who can put it into SGML/DocBook (I think he volunteered;).
Then we can all review it (along with Richard) and then Trevor can put it
in gnome-core/core-docs/gnu/ so it gets installed (along with all the GNU
licenses) with every GNOME installation.
I'm not sure where the startup screen lives, but I guess when we are ready
we can bug Jacob and George to add the link.
Trevor - Could you add this document to the DocTable so we don't forget
] [Thread Prev