Re: GNOME Documentation Style Guide

On 03 Jul 2001 08:43:27 -0400, Kevin Breit wrote:

> A few years ago in English class (yes...this is in the high schools, so
> remember its quite sterile!) my teacher told us that we should use he
> over she.  This is because gramatically, the he encompasses both males
> and females, while she is specific to females.
> Comments?
> Kevin Breit

English teachers say many things - many of which conflict with each
other.

I have always thought that mixing it up is a good idea. So I can talk
about he in one sentence, and she in the next. I doesn't make the reader
stumble over the he/she (s)he weirdness. Is it 100% correct - I suppose
it depends on who you ask - but I have always thought it was a good
compromise.

Cheers,

Dave