RE: Style guide feedback

Well google came to my rescue, http://baptism.co.nz/gram12.html

"English derives in some ways from Anglo-Saxon and one of the things the
language has is a special form of genitive case, the way that we show that
something belongs to something else. Examples are "the teacher's table",
"the boy's book", "the lady's lamp", "the dog's dinner" and these all have
an apostrophe in them. This is part of the rule of the Saxon genitive.
Another rule is that pronouns don't take the apostrophe - "his table", "his
book", "its dinner" and that is part of the problem."

but without google handy it is a really opaque term.

Tom M.
TomM pentstar com

>>  For example, in the GNOME style
>> guide it says not to use the "Saxon genitive."  I don't think this is a
>> term that most people, even professional writers, would understand.  I
know
>> I didn't.

Kirsten> This one goes right over my head.. and I have a reasonable
educational
Kirsten> background in the topic.