Re: [Fwd: Man pages (finally)]

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 10:18:10AM -0700, John Fleck wrote:
> On 6 Dec 2001, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
>
> > Quick, somebody make man page templates for GNOME!  :-)
> > 	Greg
>
> You may be joking, but I also have something along these lines kicking
> around, and as we've got more man pages needed for some of the development
> tools, I'll take a look at theirs and see if it makes sense for our
> templates and theirs to look alike.

If they are the ones you have been using for libxml2 and libxslt, there
are a couple of rough edges that need to be polished, but they seem
quite nice. Mostly, URL references are dislpayed twice (probably just
using <ulink url="foo.bar.baz"/> instead of <ulink
url="foo.bar.bz">foo.bar.baz</ulink> will solve this) and there are
references that use the "ghelp:" scheme in the author section, which is
probably incorrect for a man page.

There are also some random TROFF tags floating around (e.g. .PP tags in
the --param entry in xsltproc).

Before anybody shoots me, I _will_ file some bugzilla reports for these,
but I just thought I'd mention them here while this is a hot topic.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
Everything is _not_ based on faith... take my word for it.