[Fwd: Man pages (finally)]

Quick, somebody make man page templates for GNOME!  :-)
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.
--- Begin Message ---

I just added a (rough) man page template to
kdelibs/kdoctools/man-template.docbook.

I also replaced the old db2man.xsl that we had, with the ones from
sourceforge (they were much better!)

The template is long, I figured I may as well mark up the whole standard
--help qt and --help kde output, so that you all can pick on it, and then
when everyone is happy, it can be put into entities.

After much hunting, I couldn't find two sources for man pages as docbook that
agreed on a source format - so I went for probably the largest installed base
- Sun.  However, I didn't think we needed quite such dense markup as they use
(but then, they have arbortext to make it with.)

I can generate a manpage using the following commandline (coolo, is this the
best way to use meinproc?)

	meinproc --stylesheet /full/path/to/db2man.xsl --stdout filename > output.1

(It doesn't really need the --stdout or redirection, I just got tired of
renaming .html files while I was testing.)

Things I know are wrong:
	There's too much whitespace in the output.  It doesn't seem to matter how I
format the source, there's way too many blank lines in the result.
	It doesn't seem to be picking up the header info correctly. This could be a
platform issue.

Oh well, this has been kicking around my hard drive long enough, time for
more eyes.

--
Lauri Watts