Re: <xsl:include...> for the stylesheets

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 10:07:24PM -0800, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> Hi guys!  Lots of people are starting to play with yelp now that it's
> been put into the open on a bunch of mailing lists.  Mostly, they're
> running into trouble getting help to render properly, because the
> gnome-customization stylesheet isn't finding Norm Walsh's stylesheets
> properly.
> Assuming that I understand things correctly, the <xsl:import...> element
> can use the canonical URI to the DocBook XSL stylesheets.  XML catalogs
> can then "rewrite" this URI to a path on the local system.  Is this
> correct?  If so, I'd like to put this change into libgnome soon, along
> with some instructions on how people can set up their XML catalogs, if
> they're not using Red Hat Linux with some RawHide packages.
> Let me know if this does/doesn't make sense.  Thanks,

As an addition to thisr: I've been doing some "make code work" stuff on
yelp lately and I spent most of yesterday night/early this morning in
the bowels of the gnome-vfs-help module. It's a bit broken at the
moment, since it has a bunch of hard coded paths in there (remember that
GNOME 1 assumes all help files are in one single location -- a
restriction which is fortunately eased in GNOME 2). It also doesn't
really parse fully qualified uri's properly (those that don't need you
to guess at their base path). Both of these stop yelp from working with
GNOME 2 stuff (I have a test setup of scrollkeeper, etc that doesn't use
any documents except some testing ones i've put in there, which is why
the paths problem bit me).

I'm currently fixing gnome-vfs-help to work in a GNOME 2 environment and
should get a patch to Anders, George and jrb for approval later today.

Anyway, the only reason I'm posting this here is to tell people just to
be aware of some pretty severe limitations if you are on irc and either
encouraging people to try things out or helping them debug problems.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.