Re: Updating doc build for RH 7.1

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 03:26:46PM -0500, Dan Mueth wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > As pretty much everybody on here already knows, simply running db2html on
> > any GNOME doc which uses the GNOME DTD (ie. almost every GNOME doc) will
> > not work on any system which is compliant with the new LSB spec for
> > SGML/XML/DocBook.  As far as I know, this is only RH 7.1 right now.
>
>   Scratch XML from that list. XML is evolving too fast for LSB, we expect
> to have a real solution for XML once the people interested have the time
> to fix it :-\
>   So basically this doesn't concerns the XML resources (DTD, XSL, etc ...)

Right.  I am really thinking about any packages that are meant to work
with GNOME 1.x.  ie. packages which will be part of GNOME 1.4.1 or any
packages which use the GNOME 1.x platform and which people want to work
on RH 7.1 and potentially new releases of other Linux distributions. So,
we really only need to worry about SGML for now.

Hopefully by the time we ship XML docs with GNOME 2.0, the XML wizards
will have worked things out with the LSB :)

er... Let's make that by the time we are readying our first beta of GNOME
2.0, which isn't too far off really.

Dan