Re: Stylesheet Ick

Aaron Weber <aaron helixcode com> writes:

> I should have noticed this sooner, really.  But I think i'm using the
> right stylesheet and everything.... I've been concentrating more on
> content than appearance, and therefore have just been proofing by
> looking at printouts of postscript files.

Absolutely correct -- if you're the writer content is what you should
care about :)

I guess you're using "jadetex" to produce the printouts.  Unfortunately,
results are often not satisfying; a promising openjade/jadetex patch is
floating around (posted to the openjade devel ML).  Next week I'll try
to provide some new SGML packages -- holidays are over ;-(

> My problem is this: my docs build really ugly.  The "Note", "Important",
> etc. graphics are replaced by a weird X-ed out "missing" graphic.  The
> text of notes and so forth is included about six lines too low, if at
> all... I'm totally baffled.

> What did i do wrong?

Most probably it isn't your fault.  If "nsgmls -s" doesn't report errors
you as the writer have done your job well :)

A gross hack is (if you just want to do the proofreading): Produce one
big HTML file (use the "nochunks" setting) and print it with an HTML
viewer (Netscape).

Another thing to try: produce RTF and try to print with Abiword(?),
StarOffice, or Applix.

And wait for the openjade/jadetex update.  If you want you can mail me a
small test file (or a bigger one to ke suse de).

--
work : ke suse de                          |          ------    ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |         ------   _-\_<,