Re: gnome-db2html2 and i18n

Ali Abdin <aliabdin aucegypt edu> writes:

> I am beginning to think that the best solution is to just i18n the
> strings and have them translated. It is deffinately the easiest
> method.

No :) To make progress we've to learn to reuse code.  Translating things
over and over again is not the solution.  Probably it's easier to parse
the l10n files coming with Norman's XSL style sheets (on SuSE Linux):

    /usr/share/sgml/docbkxsl/common/LL.xml

where LL is the language code wanted.

> The only other problem is is a user does something like
> 'help:/path/to/file.sgml' - say file.sgml is in English and the user's
> locale is French. Again, the number of people doing this is not
> common.

This _is_ common -- but not a problem.  People using a localized
Communicator to read web pages in English all the time.  The problem is
that navigation link are hardcoded into the HTML pages; a proper
solution would be to use the META tag "link" (supported by lynx and
defined sind HTML 2.0) -- but that's not a problem you've so solve :)

Thanks for all your efforts

--
work : ke suse de                          |          ------    ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |         ------   _-\_<,