Re: gnome-db2html2 and i18n

"David C. Mason" <dcm redhat com> writes:

> This has been one of my problems from the very beginning of
> development on gnome-db2html2. The deal is, you could take advantage
> of *all* of these problems you are having by making it read the dsssl
> sheets, but you would essentially be recreating jade. You could, on
> the other hand, make it do everything the stylesheets do, but you'd be
> recreating all of the sheets (and sort of recreating jade).

Well spoken (sort of).  IMO, it'd be much better to trim down the DTD
(e.g., exclude elements not needed for GNOME) and Norman's stylesheet.
And to add the DSSSL query module to (open)jade.  I'm pretty sure the
result would be fast enough to display help pages.
But people prefer to hack ;-)

> It is unfortunate that the XSL engine in Mozilla will not make it into
> the first build but that is just how things go. This is why, whenever
> asked, I continually tell people it is better to wait on jumping into
> XML & new tools at this time.

Absolutely right.  BTW, XSL is quite ugly to read (and write) -- after a
short period of hype it will die.  Better stick with DSSSL which is able
to process XML, too.  Feel free to contradict ;)

--
work : ke suse de                          |          ------    ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |         ------   _-\_<,