Re: Using the GFDL properly

    How should we do this? If I understand things correctly, the issue is that
    we must ship a copy of the GFDL in every package that has a GFDL'd doc.

Normally yes, but there is provision for using just one copy
in a collection of documents.  See section 6.

    (Is this right?) So I don't think we are allowed to ship one copy of the
    GFDL in gnome-core and have all GNOME docs link to this one version or
    pull it in as an entity.

Because of that provision, you are allowed to do it, you just
have to get the details right.