Re: Navigation Links

* Ali Abdin (aliabdin@aucegypt.edu) wrote at 04:55 on 02/09/00:
> * Alexander Kirillov (kirillov@math.sunysb.edu) wrote at 19:39 on 01/09/00:
> > Ali:
> > is it technically possible to do it this way:
> >   when one clicks on
> > <sect2> in TOC the web page containing the whole appropriate <sect1>
> > appears, but your view is at the beginning of this <sect2> - like what
> > happens for links like "file.html#anchor"? This would solve  the problem.
> >
> > Sasha
>
> This is not possible in the current framework.
>
> Actually - it can be done but it would take some work. Mainly I would have to
> create anchor tags (in HTML) at very section.
>
> Unfortunately, I have 'heard' that this does not work with help rendering in
> mozilla - so it might not be possible at all.
>
> I think the next best thing (and as a short term solution) we shouldn't create
> links to sect2/sect3/sect4/sect5's :)

I have now removed the links to sect2/sect3/sect4/sect5 tags - I think this is
the right way to go for the time being.

Having sect2/sect3/sect4/sect5 tags show up 'on their own' is horrible in my
opinion (and a 'nighmare' for navigation links). Anyway - for the people who
can, please take a look and tell me what you think.

I've also finished the navigation links completely. I will close the bug on
this when I have time. Please try this out - It should work fine :) Oh - I
would like to point out that these links do not work since we now render in
Mozilla. Somebody may wish to file a bug report on that :) The shitty thing
about this though is that you can't 'try' the links out - Oh well.

What are the other 'major' issues that need to be taken care of in
gnome-db2html2? If you think we are done with the major issues, then what are
the medium/minor issues :) ?

Heh - a good 'project of the week' somebody could is implement 'book' support
(yes I am intentionally ignoring this for the time being)

Regards,
Ali

P.S. All the work cited is in my local copy and still 'pending' a cvs commit