Re: (sgml vs XML)+indexing

John Sheehan <John Sheehan ireland sun com> writes:

> Yes there are structural differences. For example, SolBook does not
> support articles.  We want to be able to easily flip between DocBook and
> SolBook by means of filters/scripts rather than by modifying by hand.
> Three examples of why this is useful for us:

It is nearly impossible to create a script that will convert one DTD
with few content based tags into one with many content based tags. It
takes a pair of human eyes to determine that 'foo' is a <filename> in
any particular document.

If you are just missing structural markup you can easily create a
script but never content elements. Many have tried - but those many
just don't 'get it' in my opinion :)

Cheers,

Dave
--